C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, January 29, 2015

Photo Collage, Just the Beginning


I know many commercial places offer photo collaging...but I enjoy making them by hand. It all started with my friend, Becky, a few years back....and I haven't stopped. For years her husband, David, had been taking photos of her rose and flower gardens and beautiful sunsets and views from the boat on the lake. And, she and I had been redecorating her main floor and she wanted a place to hang some of David's photos. Becky gave me a stack of photographs and I got to work cutting and arranging to make these photo collages.  We created a gallery wall going down the basement stairs...to the disco man cave.  I love the way it turned out!



I used snippets of sunsets to frame sunsets and roses to frame roses.



We added small whole photos to give your eye a place to rest and help with the flow and design.



I especially like the simplicity of this one of Emily and her friend. I cut the photo into a grid and spread it out on black card stock.

Emily is the owner of "Selma" the sheep found here.






Stay tuned for a few more of my favorite photo collages.

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thats my house! Looks better on your blog than it does in real life. Thanks. I love my collage wall

    ReplyDelete