C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, January 9, 2015

The Winter Challenge

For the winter challenge Marilyn and I decided to use a 10x10 stretched canvas. (click here for background on challenges)  Our only instruction was to create a winter collage or picture to exchange.  The rest was up to us. 

   This is what we each came up with...  


I used a snowflake theme inspired by a photo of her son, (in the red coat) catching a snowflake on his tongue that came in her Christmas card.  I used fabric, stickers, a photo of Marilyn's house in the snow, recycled christmas cards, scrapbook paper, ric-rac,  buttons and of course a little glittery snow. The image of the little girl on the top is from a magazine, I believe.



Marilyn created a whimsical forest of trees using scrapbook paper, swirl cut-outs, (a signature of her's) buttons and snowy glitter.  Near the bottom is a tiny list of "winter words"  and a little row of fabric that looks like tracks in the snow.  I absolutely love it!












The beautiful collage hangs in my kitchen all winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment