C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, February 14, 2015

A Brazilian Birthday


Happy Birthday Nancy!

I had a lot of fun making my sister Nancy's new calendar. She and her husband Craig recently took a trip to Brazil. Craig shared his beautiful pictures on Facebook and I got his permission to print some to make this calendar.



My tools:  A good pair of small scissors, two sizes of square punches, double sided tape, Scotch glue, black and aqua card stock, and a slide cutter...and printed blank calendars I made with my pages program.



 

   These are a couple of my favorites.  I love how the sunset is reflected in Nancy's glasses.





I had this beautiful close up of Nancy....but it was too big to use for the calendar. So I carefully cut her out, punched small squares from some of the extra photos and made this picture for her husband Craig. It's 4 x 6.






I also printed a 5 x 7 of a beautiful photo of the two of them and wanted to send it along so I mounted it on a 5 x 5 paint panel like I talked about here.  It turns it into a funky art piece.

This was fun!
Happy Birthday Nancy!



No comments:

Post a Comment