C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, February 18, 2015

Advent Blue


I am quite inspired by the quilts of Ann Brauer. She does incredible strip quilting in all kinds of glorious color..but in this post I am featuring her blues.  Check out her Etsy shop here or her website found here.


Ann's blue strip quilt on the left was my inspiration for a new Advent banner for the church.








Ann's impressive quilt runner is actually 80 inches long and can be seen here on my church banners Pinterest board. I thought the center looked like it was heading into the light.

For the Advent banner....I wanted to have the suggestion of light
and candles...without being too literal.

I machine stitched this gradation of dark to light strips of blue fabric then fused a little gold swatch to suggest the flame.  I topstitched both sides of every strip.






















I also made four long narrow banners to represent the four Advent candles of hope, love, peace and joy to hang along the sides of the banner. What you see on the right side of this photo is one of the
small panels hanging from the lectern.

I believe it all worked out quite well!



I made a blue Advent stole for
Paul a few years ago.


No comments:

Post a Comment