C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, February 21, 2015

Baseball Decorating? Why Not?

   Did you noticed the baseball figures on the mantel in yesterday's post?  
   Well...here's the story.



I am the one who does all the decorating and arranging.  Paul just doesn't care...or at least that's what he says.  His mantra is that if he cares he might have to help.  And to be real honest...this arrangement works for me...because I do care...and most of the time I don't need help.



When we first got the house in South Portland we were slowing moving things up from Lexington one car load at a time.  During several of those first trips Paul quietly placed a baseball figure somewhere in the house. I'm sure he meant it as a joke...but there they stay.  I kind of like them....I think he knows what he's doing.



I actually chose to fill the beautiful butter bowl from Paul's grandmother that sits on the lower shelf of the coffee table with baseballs.

Baseball decorating?  Why not?

No comments:

Post a Comment