C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, February 16, 2015

Matt Adrian's Birds


These are snapshots from one of my Pinterest boards.
I am a big fan of Matt Adrian's birds. His website can be found here and as mentioned on the pins on the left his work can also be found here. I love the soft colors and the simplicity of his images. I saw them mounted on wood at a gift store in Portland a few years back...but they were a bit out of my price range.  Then I came across one of his calendars.  When the year was up...I made my own mounted bird.


In retrospect...I should have used a bigger panel...and oriented the bird a bit to the left...but I still love it!




It lives on a bookshelf in the living room at our house in Maine.

The lovely painting is from a raffle I won at a fundraiser at the Lexington Library.  And don't you love the lamp shade?...I found it at the Goodwill Store.

No comments:

Post a Comment