C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, February 3, 2015

The Little Ball Game

My sister Angie is one of the most talented people I know. Growing up on the farm she was the sister who knew how to run all the farm machinery and the one who got a merit award on her peanut butter cookies at the 4-H fair. Not only is she a wonderful sister, she is an artist, carpenter, handy woman, painter, caregiver and gardener to name a few. She spends most of her time doing things for other people.

A few years ago she asked each household in our extended family to send her a group picture with everyone holding out their hands....palms up....and she didn't tell us why.  After a little clarification that's exactly what we did. For our next family reunion she had made each household one of those games with the little balls that you have to wiggle into the holes...in this case on each one of our hands.  She's a clever one! You can see below I'm half way there.  It's difficult but I have done it.






This funky parade is one of my favorite pieces of art and is hanging in my kitchen.  Angie hand drew it with a black sharpie.  It's a whole parade of happy people being led by a tiny little girl.

Joyful!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Such creativity! What lovely memories you are sharing with us!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Merri! This has been a fun journey for me and I'm glad others are enjoying it.

      Delete