C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, February 27, 2015

White on White...

...and a little gold.

This is a page spread in one of my shared art journals.  I am really drawn to tone on tone neutrals.... which is kind of unexpected since mostly I am all about color.  And I always like a little touch of glitz and shimmer.






After texturizing the background with watercolor....I stitched a black grid.  Then I filled the squares with snippets of this and that, added a few buttons, and accented with gold thread.













For this page I fused and stitched concentric circles of fabric and embellished with gold thread and liquid glitter.


No comments:

Post a Comment