C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Speaking of Rocks...

...this is rock heaven!






My friends and I have gone several times to this incredible rock beach on the coast of Maine.  It's kind of off the beaten path and an incredible place to spend an afternoon.  I can't help but bring home a few every time I go....which is Ok at this particular beach.

The beach is full of jasper and when these stones are wet....the colors are amazing.   



I am especially fond of these little round speckled ones that have been tumbled by the sea.  It's that orb, ball, marble, dot, thing I am drawn to.  






This picture of the stone "S" was used on one of my ABC cards...along with the stack of stones, seagull, starfish, seed beads, sand dollar, swirl, sea glass, and sequins.  The whole ABC set can be found here.



I love the little heart shaped rock I found!







No comments:

Post a Comment