C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, March 30, 2015

Thinking About The Beach!

Inspired by this picture at the beach...and this layered photo from flickr I found on Pinterest....



...I made this wall hanging for the church youth group auction last year. I was pleased that the winning bid was from Rob and Martha....Rob carved my beautiful "Joy." They have a cottage on the South Shore of Massachusetts. That seems like a great place for this to land.

I was relatively new to free motion quilting when I made this....but I'm getting there. Notice below the little bling fiber at the horizon line that could be the shimmer of the sun....and the cloud like fiber embellishment right above the horizon.

I bought the shell beads at a local tag sale.


This row of beads, shells, and fibers represents the foamy shoreline.



I think the row of buttons at the bottom grounds the piece.  

I would like to try something like this again....I learned a lot doing 
this one and think I can make some improvements.  

No comments:

Post a Comment