C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, April 23, 2015

Backyard Trees...

...with Fairy Lights.

Several days ago I mentioned being inspired by Loretta Grayson's trees for my Pinterest journal. I have one of her "Backyard with Fairy lights" prints from her Etsy site hanging in my bathroom.  The colors are just incredible and I love the little string of lights through the trees....I'm quite fond of lights.


Here is where the "Backyard Trees" live. And like said I am fond of lights....the nightlight in the bathroom changes colors. Why not?  

 
But this post is about Loretta.....

Loretta's uses such and interesting process and there are great photos of the steps of "how a tree grows" that can be found here. She uses a combination of oil pastels, watercolor and acrylic paints. It's worth checking out!

   And I love what she does with maps!
From her Etsy site.
"I am inspired by colour, pattern, music, literature, map imagery & the book illustrations of my childhood. Each artwork is an attempt to distill one of the big ideas and half-remembered things of my messy inner world into a small, neat world on paper."  A Quote from her blog





Every time I visit her Etsy or Flckr pages....or browse her blog I find something new.  I just love her work!  Thanks Loretta for being such an inspiration!


Here is a grouping of notecards from her Etsy site....showing some of her other beautiful work.

2 comments: