C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, April 22, 2015

One Person's Trash.....

.....is another's treasure.  The title of this really should be....
"I've got dedicated friends!"

Janet, Anita and I went for a walk this morning and it was a perfect spring day.  We are always on the lookout for great stuff at the curb on trash days....and today did not disappoint. We came home with a table for me, an adding machine for Anita and a couple of plant pots for Janet.

We had already walked about 2 miles before we found the table....and there was discussion whether we would carry it or go get a car.  Well, we decided to carry it....we had a mile to go. We didn't go over the river....but we went through the woods...ha ha.

 

Just for the record....I did take my turn....but I also was the photographer.

You can see here we carried the adding machine right on top...but we hand carried the plant pots...luckily we found them near the end.

What am I going to do with my table?  I'm not sure yet....but if I don't use it one of my boys will.  It seems pretty sturdy and it might work as bench at the end of a bed with a cushion...or I might mosaic the top and make it a coffee table....or maybe use it for plants.  It's nothing but potential!
Thanks Janet and Anita!  That was quite an adventure!

2 comments: