C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, April 5, 2015

Stacks

I am quite fond of stacks.




 


There is just something about a stack of something that is pleasing to me. I take pictures of stacks and I decorate with stacks.  I cut out images of stacks and I use them in my art. There is just something pleasing about a stack.


This stack of books has been on our coffee table for weeks and weeks. The order changes...one book might disappear for a while...only to be replaced by another....and then show up again.  I don't mind...I kind of like it actually. After all, like I said....I am quite fond of stacks.
But if you take a look at this particular stack....you will learn just a little bit 
more about dear sweet husband Paul....and what he is currently reading.

From top to bottom:

The cultural importance of Bob Dylan's Basement Tapes 
The horror that was the great influenza
The Fifth Gospel....a mystery...thriller
A philosophical reflection of "time"
The Islamic Reformation...why Islam needs one
The story of fundamentalist Mormons
Americanah.......a finalist for the National Book Award...what it's like to be black in the United States
A collection of essays about Bob Dylan
Langston Hughes poetry
E.B. White essays
Another novel
More poetry....this time by Phillip Levine
The meaning of Christ in the secular world

I wonder what next month's stack will include?

2 comments: