C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

The Art of Rex Ray

Have you heard of Rex Ray?  His collage art inspired this spread in my Pinterest journal.


I came across a video of Rex Ray on Pinterest that really struck me...he talked about being frustrated as a graphic designer for a big company. One night he cut up one of his barely recognizable ads and reworked it.  That started a routine of coming home every night and making simple collages from magazine pictures using just scissors, paper and glue. Doing this exercise helped him find his creative voice.  
Here are some examples of his collages...I love the colors and retro shapes.  His website can be found here.


My friend Connie offered me a garden calendar that came free in the mail.  At the time I was working on the Pinterst journal with Ellen and knew I was going to do a Rex Ray inspired collage...I thought the colors and textures in the calendar were just right.

Scissors, paper, and glue....pretty simple!

Thanks Rex!

No comments:

Post a Comment