C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, April 8, 2015

Walk the Beach

"Walk the beach...to find a treasure...to exercise the limbs...to soothe the soul. Walk the beach...to praise God and admire her hard work.  Walk the beach...to watch the waves...to feel the sun against your face.  Walk the beach...just to walk...to think...and to reflect." 


My sister Angie sketched this picture for me. The "walk the beach" quote is hand written around the edges and it lives up near the top of the collage wall going up my stairs. 

I love it and I love walking the beach...it's one of my favorite things to do...and I always carry a bag for treasures.

I used the quote here....on this beachy page in Ellen's art journal during our shared project.  I used watercolor, doodles, fibers, and bits of glass and shell beads...and a little glitter.



The companion page below is mostly cutouts from a Hancock Fabric catalog.


No comments:

Post a Comment