C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, May 15, 2015

Glaze Pens

A while back I raved about the glaze pens I used in my altered book.  They create a slightly raised glossy black line...hmmm...like glaze...go figure!


Here are a couple of pages from an art journal.  These doodles were inspired by some of Denyce's art.

(Sorry I spelled your name wrong on the actual journal page Denyce.)
This little doodle was done in Ellen's journal.  At the time we went to the same church in Madison which had beautiful modern stained glass windows. I tried to replicate the windows in the church....the glaze pens really helped mimic the lead solder. 
By the way...Ellen is the one who taught me everything I know about liturgical arts.







Here are some pictures of the actual windows....I think they are really cool and kind of funky!


4 comments:

  1. We should think of a design like this for everyday paraments!! They are absolutely beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just telling it like it is Ellen!

    ReplyDelete