C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, May 23, 2015

It Sprouted!

Linda and I have been planting this urn and the pots in front of the church for several years.  Every year we try something different....some years are better than others.

 


 
This last fall we wanted tall birch branches and greens for the winter and my friend Patsy helped me cut some from her property in Maine.  We loved the wild small branches that were hanging off the birch...we were pretty happy with the result.



This spring we pulled out the greens and (fake) berries....which was a task because they were frozen under the snow and ice until almost Easter...and put in some fake forsythia.

It was time to clean out and plant the urn for the summer....and much to my delight I found that the birch had sprouted! I couldn't believe it.  It made my day! Somewhere inside that limb cut last fall....7 months ago...there was enough life to produce a sprout.


I think there's a sermon in that!

Stay tuned for the new plantings...to be done soon.


No comments:

Post a Comment