C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, May 10, 2015

Window Progress

Despite still feeling pretty lousy...I have been plugging away in the basement a little every day and I have all the glass cut for the window project.  I'm going to let it sit a few days and see if I want to make any changes....then check all my seams and wipe down the edges.





The next step is wrapping all the edges in copper foil tape....then soldering.  It's quite a process.
I took a picture of it upside down....that gives me a different perspective on the balance.  I kind of like it upside down...hmm.




This was a tricky piece to cut....inside curves are tough.  You score the line then tap tap tap and hope for the best.  Sometimes a crack goes off in the wrong direction...rather than following the curve.  It worked out this time....I had one piece of this daisy glass...so I would have been sad if it cracked the wrong way.





I always make a big mess at almost everything I do....and when working with glass there's usually blood.  Too much information?



I could really use a personal assistant to follow behind me and put things away.  I often work on top of the mess and just make bigger messes.

4 comments:

  1. ouch MaryAnn! Just shy of TMI, but I certainly understand the inevitability of art injuries. We all must suffer for our art I guess! Good looking glass window too. You have so many amazing talents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...Ellen...I know I was close to the line with that photo.
    Thanks for the kind words!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll take an application from you Becky....

    ReplyDelete