C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, June 20, 2015

Quilt Card

This little quilt card was inspired by Cindy Grisdela's beautiful art quilts.  I started with some earthy batiks and finished it off with hand dyed solids. I added a few french knots and a button to make it my own. I like the teeny tiny red square under the button.

This was my mother-in-law Margie's Mother's Day card.  I hope you don't mind that I shared your card Margie.

Just like I save bits of paper...I save bits of fabric.                                                                                                                                                           
I spent an afternoon a while back sewing together bits of batiks....all ready for framing in solids and a little embellishments.  Margie's Mother's Day card started from one of these little blocks.  




 

Can't wait to start playing with them again!  I have been collecting some nice hand dyed solids to work with.

No comments:

Post a Comment