C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Christmas in July

Every other year my side of the family gathers for Christmas in July.  We exchange presents (usually white elephant) and sometimes sing carols. So the fact that I'm thinking about Christmas makes perfect sense.

I made
this one.
I have been making and collecting felt garlands for my
Christmas tree for several years.



I bought this one at a craft show in Maine.


I enjoy making felt balls like these....but I'm always looking for a bargain and anything that inspires or helps the process.

I found this felted wool garland on sale at a very reasonable cost. I am going to take it apart and use bits of felt, roving, buttons and beads to make several strings of garland for the next tree.




I may embellish the white balls 
with polka dots like this one:

It's going to be a good "take along" 
project for the car. We're driving up
to Maine tomorrow so maybe
I'll get started.



Merry Christmas in July!





No comments:

Post a Comment