C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, July 23, 2015

Spots of Color

For most of our drive up to Maine today I needle felted spots on some of the white wool balls from the garland...all while visiting with Paul.

A few of them could use another tiny spot or two...but it's a good start.
I start with a little tuft of wool roving...


...that I wad up between my fingers a bit. Then using a felting needle poke the wool fibers into the ball using the needle to guide it into a nice shape. It's like teasing the fibers together.  I work on a little foam block to keep from poking my lap because the needle is very sharp. 
A spot is born!

No comments:

Post a Comment