C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, July 31, 2015

The Same But Different

Another project I worked on while I was in Maine was the corner behind the couch. The blue cupboard was banished to the garage for the listing to make the room look bigger....but now it's back. It's mostly the same...but also different.  I'll keep tweaking it for a while....that's just what I do.  I "audition" things until I'm satisfied.

Remember that the shelves are oak drawers I found on the side of the road.

I am quite fond of this little print called "Lobster Shack." We used to take the boys to a restaurant called the Lobster Shack....they loved climbing on the rocks after we ate. It's still one of our favorite spots to sit and watch the ocean.                                                                                                        



The cupboard features some of my boys' grade school pottery projects, including a working whistle (the round blob), and some of my beach treasures. I have a collection of tiny little heart rocks and the green ring in the middle is a perfectly tumbled rim from a green bottle that Paul found on the beach. It's a perfect little ring.

The purple bottle part is from the Underwood Spring in Falmouth Foreside from the early 1900's that we found. Paul's first church was in Falmouth Foreside. The piece was intact when we found it...and rolled around in the ocean all those years. Then...somehow....in the hands of the Shupes...it broke. You can see where I have glued it back together...and it's still a real treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment