C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, August 23, 2015

A Real Treasure!

While I am in Colorado I have been enjoying a real treasure in the guest room.  Margie's brother-in-law, my uncle Jerry, made this beautiful butterfly quilt.  He used hankies given to Margie's mother, grandma Dorothy Gunderson, from her students while she was a teacher. What a wonderful way to display and honor the handkerchiefs.

Below is a picture of Dorothy reading to my son Nate....actually it looks like Nate was reading to her.






Uncle Jerry has made many many quilts.  I had this old quilt top from the 50's and he machine quilted it for me.  He also made my two boys sports quilts when they were younger.  Below is a t-shirt quilt Uncle Jerry made for my sister-in-law Liz from shirts she collected from her life experiences and travels...It's actually two sided.  I am pretty sure he also used her plaid blouses from her younger years as the borders.  Way to go Uncle Jerry!







2 comments:

  1. MaryAnn, this is so sweet. What a nice way to honor both the teacher and the students who gave all those hankies. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete