C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, August 14, 2015

A Room With A View...

...of Casco Bay, South Portland...

and downtown Portland from the top of the Portland Observatory. The observatory is maritime signal tower built in 1807 and is the only one of its kind left in the United States.

While we were in Maine this weekend I went into Portland to get a tour of the Observatory I mentioned in this post.  My son Sam has been giving tours there all summer and it was fun seeing him in action...he really knows Portland history and architecture.  I was a proud mom!

This is a zoomed in view from the South Portland side.



  It was a beautiful day...perfect for viewing.


This is a view of Back Bay in the middle of Portland.  It has a bike/walking path all around it which connects to down town.



Here are three of my favorite spots in South Portland mentioned in the post I referenced above and this post.






Sam indulged me in a selfie at the top.




No comments:

Post a Comment