C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Friday, August 21, 2015

Colorado Collage

I mentioned that I was going to make an effort to be creative every day while I was in Colorado. There are ways other than crafting where creativity has come into play...but I have taken time to play with some of the supplies that I brought as well as some digital techniques that have been on my mind.


I brought an odd assortment of supplies with me: a square punch, Ethan Allen fliers (not everyone takes junk mail on a trip!...but they have such great colors and textures), a glue runner, doodle paper and pens, and of course my computer.                                        
                                                                                                           

Yesterday I punched out squares from one of the fliers that included some of the colorful letters and made this little collage.  Then I doodled this simple little burst.                                                                                            

Next I took pictures of each and did the rest digitally.  I was able to remove the background of the burst using the "instant alpha" feature in my pages program and copy and paste it onto the collage. Then I copied and resized it and spread it around.  I was mostly playing around with the technique...I think there is potential here for some fun things.  I will keep fiddling and experimenting.  I have time....Margie needs to rest quite a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment