C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, August 5, 2015

Joyful Gathering

  Sister reunion in 2013
Angie, Marilyn, Becky, Nancy, LaVonn, and MaryAnn 
I just arrived in Wisconsin today for a sister reunion. The last time we gathered was in February of 2013 just before my sister Becky passed away from breast cancer. We literally scooped her up from the hospital for a weekend of games, cards, conversation, good food, and lots of laughter.  It will be bitter sweet without Becky...getting teary just thinking about it... but it will be awesome. This time we are gathering at my sister Marilyn's house in central Wisconsin starting Thursday.

Today was spent with my sister-in-law Carol and her darling boys Henry and Charles (along with Boomer the dog and the new chickens) who all live on the farm I grew up on.


I love seeing all the corn fields and all the wide open spaces.  I loved growing up on a farm.



No comments:

Post a Comment