C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Tuesday, September 8, 2015

The Folly Fan Wreath


I made this paper fan wreath to display on the exposed brick wall in the store. I used a straw wreath that I purchased at a craft store and using Mod Podge covered it with book page strips. I accented it with red and white baker's twine and whimsical paper fans.

A friend of mine teased me a bit this morning (in a good way) for blogging about Christmas so soon. I'm the first one to complain when the commercial world pushes the season earlier and earlier. Yikes! I hope that's not what I'm doing!

But just to remind you what got me going on this series is that it was this time of year that I started working on the Christmas windows for the store....and I'm being a bit nostalgic.





I have a few more posts on this particular year's display....then I'll wait a bit before I start another one.

Hang in there and enjoy the end of summer!  It's too soon to really think about Christmas!

No comments:

Post a Comment