C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, September 10, 2015

The Other Store Window

There are two large front windows at Folly 101 and two narrow side windows as you enter the front door. For the other large window Astrid set up a wonderful display using an old mantle and I made paper orbs to hang from the ceiling.  The are not very visible in this picture.  


The orbs were made from strips of paper strung at both ends onto bakers twine.  I scrunched the strips and secured them with a bead at each end. I had to cheat on these because regular book pages were too thin.  I copied book pages on the back of Christmas card stock so I would have a sturdy strip to work with.




Inside....
...and outside


For the side windows I made two different sets of garlands out of book pages.  One was paper fans glued along baker's twine and other was made from strips of book pages stapled along a long piece of red ribbon...like this image I found on line.





No comments:

Post a Comment