C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, October 7, 2015

Cast-Offs

I tend to attract other people's cast offs....which is mostly a good thing. But if you looked at my craft room and basement right now you might wonder if it's all that good.

My most recent acquisition is a big pile of upholstery samples from my friend Melody....who saved them from ending up in the dumpster. The sampling you see here is just that...a sampling.  There are many more.

I see potential in so many of these cast-offs....and know that just the right project will come along and I will have just what I need...for free.



Well...as you may know our church has recently gone through a major renovation. Joan, Gwen and I worked hard creating art for a few of the spaces....including the welcome wall in the entry way and the tree quilt going up the master staircase. But there are a lot more new spaces.

For now we are going to focus on a few of the front offices....which have virtually NOTHING on the walls. I've been thinking about it for days now...and even a few nights. One thing I know for sure is that whatever we do it will include some of these upholstery fabric cast-offs.  Stay tuned....it's time to play with fabric!

No comments:

Post a Comment