C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, October 8, 2015

Just For the Record....

Don't you love a pumpkin with a really good long curled stem? (I just wanted a better opening picture....now on to what the post is actually about.)

My husband teased me about my opening line in the last post..."I tend to attract other people's cast-offs." He chuckled because he thought it sounded like I have nothing to do with it...that things just appear. Well, just for the record, sometimes they do! But I guess I have fostered that "attraction" because I do tend to pick up just about anything with even a hint of potential.

When the new furniture came after the church renovation there were some awesome pieces of rigid cardboard used as packing material.  They were about 5 feet long, about 6 inches wide, and about an inch thick...and they were too awesome to throw away. I grabbed all the ones that weren't damaged and they've been sitting in my garage for 7 months.



And low and behold....the upholstery fabric samples are just the perfect width to wrap around the cardboard.  I did a very quick mock up on a scrap piece.  I didn't pay much attention to fabric choice...I just wanted to see how it would work so randomly pinned on some of the swatches.  I think there's potential here!

It's a wonderful thing when cast-offs that just showed up...meet ones I found myself!



2 comments:

  1. Definite potential! Should be fun to see what will work together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Can't wait to get together and start playing with it Joan!

      Delete