C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Playing With Strips

I enjoyed playing around with the digital strips inspired by "Papered Thoughts" from the last post....but I wanted to try it with paper to give it more texture.

The velum didn't work like I wanted it to...so I experimented with card stock. This afternoon I made a little note card and envelope using strips in shades of blue. I glued the strips down...but also stitched across the top.



I had lots of strips that I had precut for mobiles...but I thought they were too straight and even. I sheared a little off the edges to make them different widths and lengths.


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks Ellen! I couldn't get it out of my head until I tried it. Kind of a silly but like most things....there's potential.

      Delete