C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, January 7, 2016

Brilliant...

...colors....brilliant gift!

I thought it was perfect timing for this sweet story.   
My son Sam made these potholders for me when he was a kid....I'm not sure how old he was...probably 7 or 8. They're the only ones I use...and they actually have held up pretty well. He's 26 now.


And if Sam's recent journal was the best Christmas present ever...these have to be a close second.  A few years ago (yes...he was 24) he had the brilliant idea to buy himself a little kids loom and make me some new potholders for Christmas. This is a young man who knows how to capture a mother's heart!


I've been hesitant to use them....but if his old ones have lasted this long I'm sure these will carry me through for the rest of my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment