C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, January 16, 2016

Punch It Up!

It's good to be back home...I didn't even mind the light snow today. In the middle of the laundry and mail sorting I took some time to do a little project.

Week two of the "Artful Joyful Me Project" was to experiment with watercolors....which I did while I was in Florida. I enjoyed painting...but I wasn't too happy with my outcome. So today I did what I often do with my art I'm not happy with...I punched it up into squares. I used a black sharpie to trace around each square giving it a little border.



I liked my little watercolor rabbit so I cut him out too....and chose nine squares to frame up in this simple little 4 inch frame.


Because I like the idea so much I got on a roll and 
punched up and framed week one too.


I might even do the same thing with the next two assignments....but I'll wait and see.  These will be fun in my craft room to remind me to not be afraid to try something new.



No comments:

Post a Comment