C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, February 14, 2016

Heart Felt....

...pun intended.

I actually got a little emotional a few days ago when we came across a very special box while treasure hunting at Margie's. I wonder if anyone else gets emotional about felt.

We were shopping the basement looking for things to style some of the new spaces when we came across Margie's box of finger puppets and felt scraps.

I learned all about Aunt Jenny...Paul's grandmother Doris' only sister. She was a crafter...and always had something in her hands...something I can relate to. She loved kids and enjoyed making these little felt finger puppets. Years ago she had given Margie a whole set for her kids, Paul, Liz, and Alyson.

And because Margie was such a good caretaker of them...here they are....some of them nearly worn out...all of them well loved.


Jenny inspired Margie to start making them and here are some of the ones she made...many of them patterned after Jenny's....some her own design.  I absolutely love that she made the poodle pink! Brilliant!


The best part of this is that I get to take all of them home including the awesome box of old school felt scraps. I will find some special way to display these wonderful "heart felt" treasures. Thanks Aunt Jenny....thanks Margie! Maybe I'll even try making a few some day.
For those of you who have followed this blog may remember that I actually have a finger puppet collection that was inspired by ones that Margie made for my boys...and you can read about it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment