C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, February 8, 2016

Rainbow Birthday Book

Connie's birthday was today...and I made this tiny little rainbow accordion book...with a mix of her artwork...and some of my little photo collages. It's only about 2 1/2 by 3 1/2 inches.

The little poms on each page...are needle felted and cover is collaged with tissue paper.










The back folds are covered with washi tape. Every color scheme has a copy one of her little pieces of art and a little collage.

I actually started this several years ago...but stopped in the middle because I thought it was a little too goofy. But I came across it a few weeks ago and decided to finish it for Connie's birthday. After all....a lot of my artwork is a little goofy...so why stop now.

There's a little snippet of her old curtains on the red page and a little piece of Paul's grandmother's tatting on the purple page.


Happy Birthday Connie!


The little bird images are cut from this sweet little planner/calendar I used several years ago by Geninne...an amazing artist from Santa Fe.  I have talked about her before....I just love her art...especially her birds.  I have spent hours and hours on her blog... check it out here.


2 comments:

  1. I think this little book is amazing! And how special that it includes Connie's work as well as things from you. Lots to see in a tiny book. I hope she loved it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a lot of fun to make....and yes, she did love it.

      Delete