C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Self Portrait

One of our main job this week at Margie's is moving her bedroom down to the first floor...into a space that has been her office.  What that means is that we are going through lots of boxes and bins uncovering all kinds of treasures.  

Years ago after one of our visits to Colorado, I took home several of Paul's art pieces he did as a kid...like this self portrait...as well as some of the notes and artwork my kids sent to grandma and grandpa over the years. I followed that up by making a calendar for Margie with images of some of the artwork. Keep in mind this was way before I was doing anything digitally....I made this calendar just using my word processor and a photocopier. I could do such a better job these days.



I tried to find pictures or sweet little notes that matched some of the holidays in the month...so it may not have been their best work...but it was a sentimental calendar.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks! I should try it again...not that I know so much more.

    ReplyDelete