C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, February 4, 2016

Walking....

with a purpose. 

I was walking with Anita the other day and she stopped in her tracks to pick up a penny.  She and Janet have been walking together for a long time....picking up money they find along the way. When I started walking with them six years ago I thought it was funny that often when we met on the corner Janet would hand off a few coins...and Anita would report in her findings. Any money they each found on their own also goes into what they call their "Las Vegas Fund." It has paid off....because after about 10 years they have $244.76. One penny...or nickel....or quarter at a time.

And for a while starting in 2002 they kept track of their walks on this map...trying to walk all the streets in Lexington. If you look at the pink highlights you can see they did pretty well! That's what I call walking with a purpose...and it all makes me smile! I can't believe they let me into their little club....but I don't think I'll be invited to Las Vegas.




3 comments:

  1. At this rate, we may have to just draw straws to see who goes to Las Vegas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You've got plenty of time....but you can always just go to Foxwoods!

      Delete