C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, March 9, 2016

"Nice change"

It was a beautiful 70 degree day today.  I took a walk with Clarke ending at the Lexington Battle Green sitting on a bench enjoying the sunshine and scenery. And it was warm enough to have dinner on the back patio....it was a nice change.  

My friend Becky sent me a quote today from a novel she just finished called Where'd You Go Bernadette?


    We were quiet for a while, and then I said, "I think my favorite part of Antarctica is just looking out."
     "You know why?" Dad asked. "When your eyes are softly focused on the horizon for sustained periods, your brain releases endorphins. It's the same as a runner's high. These days, we all spend our lives staring at the screens twelve inches in front of us. It's a nice change."

I did spend some time "looking out" today....but I also spent some time looking down at my sewing machine focused on this horizon.




No comments:

Post a Comment