C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, March 7, 2016

Strips of Color

I've mentioned my velum mobiles before. I still love them so I knew I wanted to have some hanging in my little art show. I played around this last weekend and came up with the idea of adding the little circles that give a nod to the sun on the horizon....they also add some interest. I may do some in just sea and sky colors....again with the little sun on the horizon.

I can tell from this picture that the circles are too low....so I will move them up when I make more. It's funny....in person it didn't strike me as too low...but it's really clear when you see in on the screen.






I also played around sewing together a variety of overlapping circles and rings...but I need to work on the technique and placement a little more.



4 comments: