C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, March 20, 2016

The Edge

My idea for the edge of my indigo mirror frame that I mentioned in the last post worked well.  I cut various width strips from the covers of catalogs that I have saved...they are a nice heavy weight. Using matte medium and my brayer I adhered them onto a piece of heavy card stock and added a topcoat. You can read about the start of this project here and here.


Next I cut them into strips the the length and width of the frame edges. I also trimmed them out with my trusty gold sharpie...mostly to get rid of the white edges...and I wanted them to tie into my gold embellishments on the front.



And finally I glued them onto the edge...I think they look like cool little tiles.  A good solution I think.  Now I just have to find a 4 x 6 mirror and this project is FINALLY done.


No comments:

Post a Comment