C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Town Landing Market

While I was cleaning up drywall dust in Maine last weekend...I got to handle my art.  I love this "Town Landing Market" print.  It was done by our good friend and artist David Clough....I'm a huge fan of his! Town Landing is a neighborhood market and was walking distance from the parsonage at Paul's first Church in Falmouth Forside, Maine. (David was a member of our congregation.) The boys used to love to walk down to the market for candy or ice cream....then head down the hill to catch crabs off dock. We could get fresh lobsters caught by the owner, locally grown produce, or amazing deli sandwiches....and as the sign says: "Fresh Native Ice Cubes"....whatever that means. It was the kind of place you see in a movie and I'm not sure I knew how really special it was until I moved away from it.

Photo found on line....by Bob Delaney

I took a watercolor class years ago from David.....and it was worth the price of admission just to watch him paint...which he did every class.  He recently published a book of his watercolors...which is sitting on the coffee table with books by another church artist...photographer William Hubble.

Here are a few images from David's book....we have prints of two of them including this winter scene of Town Landing. 

This is the skyline of Portland across Back Bay. Paul has the print of this one in his office in Lexington.

 This is the Spring Point Light...just a mile or so from our house in Maine.



No comments:

Post a Comment