C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, May 25, 2016

Creamsicle Orange

I grew up on a farm in Wisconsin where the ice cream man came once a week during the summer. My mom would buy big tubs of ice cream for the family...but we kids would buy our own individual treats that we would hide in the corners of one of the big chest freezers. I often bought Creamsicles....and I only remember orange. And that was the color theme of this morning's walk with Anita and Janet.



We came across a cluster of azalea bushes in Creamsicle orange and yellow....they just glowed. It was fun seeing the buds in all of their stages: closed....just opening....fully open. Janet and Anita were patient with me while I took pictures....they know what they're getting into when they walk with me.


As we walked on....I spotted some sweet little orange glazed mushrooms in front of a house. As I was snapping a picture....I was caught. Joan, the homeowner, came out pleased that we were enjoying her mushrooms and invited us into the backyard to see the rest of her collection. What a treat! Her gardens were lovely filled with hosta, ferns, and Solomon's Seal...and of course several little clusters of mushrooms.
There were the oranges and yellows.....



....blues and purples


...and sweet little browns and earthtones.





The shed was charming....which matched the funky garage.  The whole yard was a sanctuary.

It was a delightful side trip....and we made a nice connection with a friendly neighbor.  Thanks for the tour Joan!

Don't you love the wide, rustic stone wall in the front of her house!

 








Here's my modest little collection of mushrooms.



No comments:

Post a Comment