C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Signs of Life

I've been gardening most of my adult life....and still...every year I continue to be amazed that perennials keep coming back year after year.

I mentioned before that I have quite a collection of hosta.....including several miniatures.  I use some of them in a small concrete planter by my back door with some other interesting small plants. Last fall I pulled them out and planted them in plastic pots and put them in the garage for the winter.


A few weeks ago I set the pots outside and started watering them.  For the first time this morning I see signs of life!


Now...I wonder it there's hope for this pot.  It's full of "rain lily" bulbs from my sister.  I only got a couple blooms last summer...so I'm anxious to see what year two will bring.  This pot has been dormant in my basement all winter and I just pulled it out today and have started watering it. I'll keep you posted for signs of life.



No comments:

Post a Comment