C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, June 4, 2016

Blue Cupboard Wall

Here's where I am with the blue cupboard wall featuring Claudia Diller's dancing sunflower painting and the repurposed calendar page.  The painting in the middle is an original acrylic done by a retired teacher.  I will keep tweaking the shelves...because that's what I do....I may need to edit a bit.  I'm still fond of the oak drawers I found by the side of the road...and the cupboard I got from my friend Linda.




At my home in Lexington I have another one of Claudia's original paintings I bought many years ago. I love the funky border, the whimsical sky detail, and the mix of town and country. It's one of my favorites.

It hangs in my dining room.



And finally....here's the June page of my small "Peaceful Places" calendar sitting in my work area off the kitchen featuring some grazing cows. 


I look forward to what Claudia will do next! I love her "Peaceful Places!"

No comments:

Post a Comment