C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Thursday, June 9, 2016

Collage Wall

I was actually kind of glad my tube mirror didn't sell because I wanted it for my guest room in Maine.

Ellen...my art friend from Madison and her husband Phil are coming in a few weeks and will be staying at the Maine house.  And...since I panted the guest room almost a year ago....I thought it was time to hang some things on the wall....including the mirror.
I created a collage wall opposite the bed that includes Ellen's bling string she sent me a while back...and a sweet little weaving piece she also made. The wall also includes a circle watercolor piece by our mutual Madison friend Lynn...who I have talked about many times.  See her amazing work here. That piece goes perfectly with the mirror!


Like everything I do...it's a work in progress....I squeezed a lot of things into this one day so I will tweak it when I come back next time.  I can see there are too many bottles on the little shelf...and I think I need to make a new lampshade for the lamp. (eventually) But it's a start and it makes the room feel kind of warm and cozy.  I'll take a few more pictures of the whole room when I clean it up next weekend.


2 comments: