C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Monday, June 13, 2016

"The Language of Flowers"

In hindsight I wondered if my post yesterday was too trite....too shallow on heels of the tragedy in Orlando. Maybe. How could I simply hope for more buds?  There are so many more important things to hope for such as tolerance and acceptance in our very diverse world.
Just today I noticed two new buds pushing their way through the soil of my rain lily pot. (look closely) I know all that really means is that I'm going to have more blooms. But that brings me a little joy and gives me hope....even in the midst of something really tragic and sad. 








I just finished a delightful book called The Language of Flowers by Vanessa Diffenbaugh.  It focuses on Victoria, a troubled young girl who uses her gift for understanding the "language of flowers" to change lives....including her own.

So I think my celebration of the "pink" in my garden was not such a shallow post after all...I just used the language of flowers.   

"Where flowers bloom...so does hope." 

In the book....Victoria uses the iris as a symbol for her flower business....and it's meaning, "MESSAGE," as the name. 



No comments:

Post a Comment