C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Saturday, July 23, 2016

Fusing Leaves

Our "Focus on Fusing" assignment this week is to experiment with leaf shapes....so that's how I spent part of my afternoon.  It was hot and steamy so I was grateful to be inside in the air conditioning.

Melody is offering this class free of charge and she posts the new lesson each Friday and a blog. If you are interested click on the link above for the leaf lesson. (and all the previous lessons)

First I made sure I had a variety of green fused fabric.  Then because I am liking the stripes so much I started with striped veining.





By overlapping just a bit I fused it to another green and cut the leaf shape....then added a blue stem.



I used up all the vein scraps and also made a few others.....some are kind of whacky. I think I was marginally successful....but right now it's just about experimenting. It will be helpful to actually be working on an art quilt where I would be using them so I have a little more of a direction. 




Then of course I had to play around with some color....I like these!



5 comments: