C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, July 17, 2016

Stripes

Our task this week for the fusing class is to work with shapes...circles, triangles, squares, swirls etc....today I worked with stripes. We are creating "small works" that we will use in later projects. It's like we are creating our own patterned fabric pieces. You can see how Melody used her striped "small works" in this piece.  It's called "blueberry hill" and can be found here on her website in her street series. 
All the fabric I am cutting has Wonder-Under on the back....making it ready to fuse to another piece of fabric.

I cut this piece of indigo into thin strips using my rotary cutter. I didn't want the strips to be perfect...so I didn't use my ruler....I cut them free hand.

Then I started fusing them onto a piece of purple....
which just means I attached them using a hot dry iron. The purple 
also has fusible on back...so I needed to work on a piece of the paper 
backing so it wouldn't stick to my ironing board. 


For these two below I cut the strips on the bias so I could iron them down with a little curve.


1 comment: