C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Sunday, August 28, 2016

Checkerboard Fusing

The fusing class continues...and Melody keeps offering lessons on her tried and true techniques.  This last week she wanted us to create a Pinterest board and pin images that will inspire our work...and I spent way too much time on that.  Here's a link to my board called "fusing inspiration."

Also in last week's lesson called "composition and design," we were to create our own little piece from start to finish using what we have learned. It was a busy week and I haven't quite finished it yet...and I got a little sidetracked making my own fused checkerboard fabric.


I started with 3/4 inch strips of green and blue hand dyed fabric.  I fused them together by overlapping them just a bit.


Next I squared off the end and sliced 3/4 in strips again going the opposite direction.   

Then I fused those strips together.  It looks like it's weaved...but it's not...there is literally no waste.

Here are some of the elements I might use in my piece...
some of them from other lessons.

2 comments: