C

C

"I do believe in an everyday sort of magic...the inexplicable connectedness we sometimes experience with places, people, works of art and the like; the eerie appropriateness of moments of synchronicity; the whispered voice, the hidden presence, when we think we're alone." Charles de Lint

Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Little Poof

My succulent bloom in South Portland is not the show stopper I had hoped. It reminds me of the occasional firework that would go up with a big boom...then produce just a tiny little poof.

It's still beautiful...don't get me wrong....but every time I come to Maine I anxiously check it out hoping for that big moment when it's in full bloom. But it's just quietly doing its thing...a few buds at a time...barely opening. But that's just fine....there's probably a good life lesson here.

What is does have going for it is its height...standing more than 17 inches tall...and there's another stalk one coming.



No comments:

Post a Comment